Sr Manager, Field Service
The Service Manager is responsible for service financial performance, operations delivery, strategic business development, customer relationship management, and both employee and customer allegiance. As a member of the North America Unity Lab Services (ULS) team, the Service Manager will manage key customer account(s), provide day to day management to service team, supporting and guiding the team to meet both the customer and company objectives. The successful candidate will achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, account growth & profitability through his/her own actions and by leveraging the broader resources of Unity Lab Services.
· Ensure that Thermo Fisher Scientific employee allegiance and customer allegiance (CAS) objectives are met or exceeded.
· Manage and assure profitability of Thermo Fisher Scientific Unity Lab Service operations within designated region and accounts. This includes management of escalations, service revenues, expenses, quality and customer satisfaction.
· Manage and direct the activities of all service employees within the assigned area of responsibility.
· Meet and exceed the revenue and expense budgets.
· Develop and implement metrics to ensure effective management and continuous improvement.
· Implement all service policies and procedures with regard to resource management, account maintenance, sales support and service operations.
· Conduct Customer Business Reviews with key customers to ensure both customer and Thermo Fisher objectives are met/exceeded, and strategic long term alignment between organizations
· Ensure accuracy of customer database and customer billing information
· Establish and implement both strategic and tactical service business plans
· Manage the selection, hiring, and training of new employees
· Drive effective strategies to expand product and service sales
· Lead/participate in PPI project teams as identified to improve business performance.
Specific Scope Data:
· Responsible for assigned customer base.
· Manage up to 25 direct reports, and manager/supervisor level.
· Revenue budget of up to $10 million annually.
· Expense budget of up to $4 million annually.
· Manage inventory levels on a monthly basis.
· Authorizes departmental expenses up to signature authority matrix.
Decision Making Authority
· Initiate and approve Credit Memos, using the existing signature authority approval levels.
· Authorize system and/or product returns in conjunction with the relevant processes
· Approve expenses for direct reports.
· Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and recommend salary adjustments.
· Purchase supplies up to the signature authority approval levels.
· Enforce existing policies for paperwork/expenses that agree with divisional objectives.
· Negotiate on behalf of Thermo Fisher Scientific for service agreements as required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 5 years field service experience
· Up to 50% overnight domestic travel
· 5 years people management experience
· Experience in the Life Science industry
· Experience with Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
· Experience with Strategic Account Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
· Technical: Broad laboratory experience (Thermo Fisher Scientific or related equipment).
· Logical thought process.
· Successfully manages subjective decision-making.
· Communication-verbal/written: clear, concise, and understandable.
· Proven ability to resolve conflict.
· Successfully developed and demonstrated coaching/counseling ability.
· Consistently follows up on items/tasks.
· Performs consistently under pressure.
· Demonstrated consistent decisiveness (independent action).
· Developed broad business scope.
· Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
· Works with other departments to identify and solve problems.
· Minimal direct supervision required.
· Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility.
· Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction.)
· Detailed understanding of customer service function.
· Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
· Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
o Embody the 4-I values
o Delight customers
o Communicate openly and honestly
o Focus on growth
o Champion employee development
(1) Physical Activities: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements: Medium to Heavy work.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity: Inspection close assembly, clerical, professional, or administrative.
(4) Environmental Conditions: Inside environmental conditions, noise, hazards, atmospheric and oils.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.