Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) is headquartered in Waltham, MA, and is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual sales of more than $10 billion, we employ 34,000 people and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. We offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike.
The Customer Channels Group, within Thermo Fisher Scientific, delivers a comprehensive array of products and services to the scientific research, healthcare, safety and industrial markets. Our portfolio offers the broadest array of consumables, equipment and supplies, sourced from thousands of manufacturers around the world. We also offer our customers supply-chain managerial services, delivery systems and business solutions that enable them to lower their costs, enhance efficiency and focus on their core areas of expertise.
Managed Services is a business segment that supports the Customer Channels Group, which provides critical outsourced on-site services at customer locations focused on improving supply chain and research operations efficiency and effectiveness. Examples of these services are Stockroom and point-of-use inventory management, sourcing and order management, and other accommodations services like gas cylinder management, media preparation. We provide a unique competitive advantage at over 180 customer sites globally, which deepens the customer relationship and raises the barrier to entry by competitors.
Job Title: Site Technician
Reports To: Site Supervisor or Regional Site Supervisor
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group/RMD/Managed Services
Career Band: I
Location: Various Customer Locations
No. of Direct Reports: 0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position that is focused primarily on the material handling aspects of Fisher Scientifics Managed Services core offerings such as: Product Receiving, product put away, product disbursement, inventory delivery, chemical handling, glass washing and other basic inventory management activities. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems designed to support inventory/chemical management and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Customer interface communication skills are also required
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions with the assistance of the site supervisor
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Utilizes basic systems to support various inventory and chemical management systems
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Positively Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.