Inside Sales Associate
The Inside Sales Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Operations and work alongside sales representatives in an assigned territory to grow Fisher Scientific business. The associate will utilize the phone, e-mail, and technology to identify potential customers and build relationships with existing customers in the assigned geography.
- Gain a deep knowledge of Fisher Scientific's products, business and processes
- Identify customers and potential customers via phone/email/websites. Capture customer contact information and upload into our CRM system.
- Communicate with small to medium sized customers regularly to strengthen our relationship and position as a preferred supplier
- Identify and close regular “run-rate” business at assigned districts/schools in the territory
- Implement marketing campaigns and promotions in their assigned territory
- Identify opportunities for increased partnerships within underpenetrated customers
- Identify and qualify leads for grants, construction, renovation, new programs, etc.
- Schedule site visits by the local representative when appropriate
- Build knowledge of the region and market; specifically customer and competitor trends
- Identify and suggest new opportunities for our products and services in the territory
- Performa other tasks as identified
- College course work completed, Biotech background preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- A results oriented focus
- Demonstrated PC skills, specifically in the use of Microsoft Office Excel
- Preferred: Knowledge of science education market
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.