Faculty Positions Available in Ningbo University
Seeking bright minds
Located in the historical port city of Ningbo in eastern China, Ningbo University is a burgeoning comprehensive university co-established by the Chinese Ministry of Education, Zhejiang provincial government and Ningbo municipal government. It is selected as one of the Chinese Universities in “Double First-class Project” and among the first five provincially governed key universities designated by the Zhejiang provincial government. Young and dynamic, Ningbo University is already ranked among the top 100 universities in China.
Ningbo University is actively seeking talented researchers to strengthen its faculty team.
Openings for academic leaders
- A doctoral degree from an overseas institution is expected, along with at least three years of work experience conducting research overseas; for those who have obtained their doctoral degree from a domestic institution, at least three years of overseas teaching or research experience is a must
- Experience working as a tenured professor or equivalent in a well-known university or research institution overseas (associate professor experience is fine for young candidates from top universities or institutions); generally, candidates should qualify for the national Thousand Talents Program
- A proven track record of achievements in a specialized research field, with the potential to become an academic or technical leader in the field
- Ability to work full-time on site, and preferably under 50 years old
Openings for top young scientists
- A doctoral degree from an overseas institution is preferred, along with at least three years of post-graduate research experience overseas; those with doctoral degrees from domestic institutions must have at least three years of experience conducting research or teaching overseas
- Experience working full-time in a well-known university or research institution overseas, conducting research or teaching; generally, candidates should qualify for the national Thousand Young Talents Program or the provincial Thousand Talents Program
- Ability to work full-time on site, and preferably under 45 years old
Openings for excellent doctoral researchers
- A doctoral degree from an overseas institution is preferred, along with at least three years of work experience conducting research overseas; those with doctoral degrees from domestic institutions should have at least three years of experience conducting research or teaching overseas
- A track record of publication experience, with at least one paper published in Social Sciences Citation Index or Arts & Humanities Citation Index journals for candidates in humanities and social sciences fields; two or more papers published in Science Citation Index-listed journals or at least one publication in a top journal for candidates in natural sciences fields
- Ability to work full-time at the university
Generous compensation packages will be available.
For excellent doctoral researchers, the successful candidate will receive a settling-in allowance of 600,000 (180,000+420,000) RMB. Those with four or more publications in top journals are eligible to be hired as associate professors, and will receive a settling-in allowance of 800,000 (600,000+200,000) RMB.
Please submit a completed application form, a curriculum vitae and a cover letter, along with other relevant supporting materials via e-mail to: email@example.com.
For additional information regarding the application, such as the number of openings, please visit: http://www.nbu.edu.cn/shizi.