Assistant and Associate Professor positions in Neural and Bio-robotics
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute, University of Southern Denmark, invites applications for Assistant or Associate Professor with research focus in Neural Robotics, Bio-inspired Robotics or Biorobotics, available from January 2018 and based in Odense.
The positions are based in the Embodied Systems for Robotics and Learning (ESRL) unit and will complement the unit's existing research activities:
- neural models of control for embodied robots;
- bio-inspired / neural learning mechanisms;
- cross-modal and multi-modal sensory interpretation;
- development of bio-inspired and embodied robotic hardware;
- bio-inspired collective behaviour in robot groups;
- embedded electronics design and research;
- evelopment and use of robotic educational tools;
- morphological computation and the role of embodiment.
Duties comprise research and teaching, student project supervision and acquisition of external funding.
If you have a Ph.D. in a computing, mathematical, computational neuroscience or robotics-related discipline and a research track record including strong interdisciplinary work in one or more of the topics above, send us an application: for more detail and application form see .
The closing date is the 27th of October, 2017.
For more information about these positions, please contact Professor John Hallam.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and