Post-Doctoral Researcher / Senior Post-Doctoral Researcher
Please note this position may be filled at Post-Doctoral or Senior Post-Doctoral level depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
The postdoctoral researcher will work in a team under the supervision of dr Klaas-Jan Stol. The team's research focus is on software development with “new workforces” such as open source communities, crowdsourcing communities, and other forms of “sourcing” e.g. inner source.
- will be responsible for conducting top-quality empirical research using a range of qualitative and quantitative methods such as grounded theory, statistical methods, repository data mining, and case studies,
- is expected to publish in top-tier journals and conferences in software engineering and/or information systems, and must have a strong publication record as well as excellent writing skills,
- is expected to work with a network of companies and therefore must have strong industry-communication, collaboration and coordination skills to sustain fruitful industry-academic relationships between the partners and the university,
- is encouraged to actively initiate and participate in new research funding opportunities including the development of research proposals,
- will collaborate primarily with the team in ucc but collaborations with other partner universities involved in Lero are encouraged,
- must be a motivated selfstarter, focused and exacting in their work ethic,
- should also be able to identify collaboration opportunities and synergies.
The post is based in the Department of Computer Science at University College Cork (UCC). UCC is a top 2% University and has been voted “University of The Year” for the 5th time since the award's inception in 2002.UCC is one of 7 universities in ireland, and is a member of Lero—The Irish Software Research Centre. As such, the post offers excellent career opportunities as well as opportunities collaborations with industry and researchers in other Irish universities and institutes of technology.
Post duration: up to 36 months, depending on the start date of the successful candidate
Project: Software Development with Alternative Workforces
For full particulars on this post please refer to: https://www.ucc.ie/en/hr/vacancies/research/full-details-809621-en.html
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and