IP Business & Intelligence Specialist
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated IP Business & Intelligence Specialist.
Imec's IP (patent) portfolio and its IP ownership/licensing models are essential for its position as a world-wide leading R&D center. As IP Business & Intelligence Specialist you will:
- Mainly be involved in software, systems & applications related business cases;
- Provide an intellectual property model to support the contract negotiations from Business & Project Development;
- Assist the legal officer in drafting IP ownership, licensing and warranty clauses;
- Be the expert being directly in contact with external clients in challenging IP negotiations;
- Capture available IP within the organization (from IP portfolio and litigation group) and inform about related contractual provisions;
- Create and update our intellectual property strategy, aligned with R&D and business strategy;
- Contribute to the IP compliance.
The expansion of the team will enable more focus on:
- Provide IP intelligence (overview available IP, constraints, external IP landscape, IP Business offering and alignment);
- Co-manage Freedom-to-Operate (infringement/validity) cases with IP portfolio and litigation group and risk mitigation;
- Conduct internal debriefing and audits for due diligence.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and