Ph.D. Researcher in Cryptography for PRIDE project (M/F)
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from M.Sc. holders in the area of applied cryptography. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems.
CryptoLUX/SnT team is an established leading European team in the area of applied cryptography, information security and privacy.
Ph.D. in Cryptography (M/F)
Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD), on full time basis (40hrs/week)
Number of positions: 1
Start day: 1-January 2018 or upon agreement.
The successful candidate will join the CRYPTOLUX group led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. He or she will contribute to a research project on future directions in applied cryptography and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in one or more of the following topics:
- Design and Cryptanalysis of lightweight block ciphers, authenticated encryption schemes
- Side-channel attacks on symmetric cryptosystems and countermeasures
- Design and security analysis of IoT and blockchain security protocols
- Strong whitebox-cryptography
- Providing guidance to M.Sc. students
- Disseminating results through scientific publications and talks at conferences
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background (complexity of algorithms; probability/statistics; discrete math; basic cryptography, algebra)
- Background in cryptography or information security or ethical hacking - a plus
- Good skills in programming, scripting languages . Math tools a plus.
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Participation in competitions, Olympiads, CTFs - a big plus
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with a Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD), on full time basis (40hrs/week). The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research centre.
Applications, written in English, should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, photo, work experience, publications)
- A research statement indicating your interest, prior research (if any) and your motivation (max 1 page)
- Contact information for 2-3 referees
Deadline for applications: November 30, 2017. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/1lqmy
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and