Doctoral Researcher Position (Ref.No. ILRS_11/2017) Communication via extracellular vesicles betw...
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - in cooperation with the Friedrich Schiller University, the University Hospital Jena and the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology are offering an international graduate training programme. The
International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena)
gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an ambitious program providing excellent research conditions. We invite applications for a
Doctoral Researcher Position (Ref.No. ILRS_11/2017)
Communication via extracellular vesicles between immune cells and the human-pathogenic fungus Aspergillus fumigatus
Extracellular vesicles (EVs) are produced by nearly all cells. They are in particular important for the exchange of information between immune cells and microbial pathogens. We focus on the characterisation of EVs of immune cells like macrophages and neutrophils and their effects on pathogens and other immune cells. EVs will be characterised for small RNAs and proteins and their effects on targets. This research might also have implications for the improvement of diagnosis and therapy.
- a Master's degree (or equivalent allowing you to pursue a PhD degree) in Natural or Life Sciences. Research at ILRS is centred around “Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions”. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- experience in cloning, genetic engineering, cultivation of cell cultures and microorganisms
- high motivation to join one of the research areas of ILRS
- creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in our lively community
- very good communication skills in English
- a top-level research environment
- efficient supervision by a team of advisors
- a comprehensive mentoring programme
- courses in state-of-the-art technologies and soft skills
- strong communication and interaction between the involved institutions
- Jena - City of Science: innovative business activities, successful scientific centres and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
The three-year Doctoral Researcher position is available starting from January 2018. The position will be financially supported according to TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). HKI is an equal opportunity employer.
Prof. Dr. Axel Brakhage, PI: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Matthew Blango, Co-PI: email@example.com
The application process is handled exclusively online. Please acquaint yourself with the scientific projects offered on our website. Please note that you can choose up to 3 projects of interest in your application. It is only necessary to fill in the application form for your first preference of projects; the other two projects can be selected in the application form. In order to apply via the online application portal, go to
Deadline for application: Oct 22, 2017.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment meeting in Jena (envisaged date: Dec 14-15, 2017).
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and