Life Science Specialist
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
Our Life Science Specialist is responsible for the sales of research products and services specific to life science within a defined territory, serving customers engaged in academic, pharmaceutical, biomedical, and other fields of research and development. The LSS maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Manage the territory by developing and maintaining effective customer relations with purchasing and end users within assigned territory
- Work independently while also leveraging available resources to meet customer needs. Work effectively with a cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the territory. Develop and execute sales strategies to meet assigned targets and expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Maintain awareness and understanding of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers. Incorporate this data into the business plan
- Introduce new products and services to customers as applicable
- Support multiple research sales representatives by providing information specific to life science, including technical information, product recommendations for customer applications, and other life science support
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability, negotiate pricing as required
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Be aware of supply and price trends and support customer inquiries and communications as required
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the sciences, M.S.. or PhD preferred or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical and lab experience in molecular, protein and/or cell biology
- Excellent knowledge in Proteomic, Genomic, Gene expression and/or tissue culture
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I's) - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.