Scientist, Transcription Factor Biology, New Venture Labs
An opportunity for a discovery biologist is available to join Moderna's early discovery group, New Venture Labs. New Venture Labs utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand biological function of novel targets in preparation for their advancement into our drug discovery pipeline. This is a basic research position that requires critical thinking, flexibility, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques. Broad technical experience that spans molecular biology and preclinical animal models of disease is required. The successful applicant with have strong mechanistic understanding of transcriptional regulation and the ability to analyze large datasets including RNAseq and/or ChIPseq.
- Drive scientific programs related to targeting transcription factors using mRNA therapeutics
- Identify and characterize novel leads and their corresponding mechanisms of action
- Design and execute well controlled experiments
- Closely collaborate with other members within the interdisciplinary research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
- Deliver results in a timely manner
- Record and communicate findings
- PhD in a relevant field of biology
- 3 years postdoctoral experience; previous industry experience preferred
- Broad experience and demonstrated proficiency in utilization of molecular and cell based assays
- Experience analyzing large datasets including RNAseq and/or ChIPseq
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.