Scientist, Liver Regenerative and Developmental Biology
An opportunity for a discovery biologist is available to join Moderna's early discovery group, New Venture Labs in Cambridge, MA. New Venture Labs utilizes multidisciplinary approaches to understand biological function of novel targets in preparation for their advancement into our drug discovery pipeline. This is a basic research position that requires critical thinking, flexibility, multitasking, and the ability to learn new techniques. Broad technical experience that spans molecular biology and preclinical animal models is required. The successful applicant will have deep mechanistic understanding of pathways involved in determining cell fate and potency.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Drive scientific programs related to regenerative medicines using mRNA therapeutics
- Identify and characterize novel leads and their corresponding mechanisms of action
- Design and execute well controlled experiments in vitro and in vivo
- Closely collaborate with other members within the interdisciplinary research group and broadly with departments throughout the company
- Deliver results in a timely manner
- Record and communicate findings
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- PhD with minimum 0-2 years of experience
- Research experience in stem cell, regenerative or cell fate biology for example: deriving iPSCs, reprogramming cell fates, cell fate determination/differentiation, models of transdifferentiation
- Broad experience and demonstrated proficiency in utilization of molecular and cell based assays
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic setting
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- Daily on-site catered lunches.
- Company-provided iPhone.
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass.
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage. Including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses.
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately.
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays.
- Adoption assistance, competitive parental leave, discount to local childcare centers, as well as access to Care.com
Why join Moderna Therapeutics
We are pioneering a new class of medicines made of messenger RNA, or mRNA. The potential implications of using mRNA as a drug are significant and far-reaching. It could transform not only how certain diseases are treated but also how medicines are discovered, developed and manufactured - at a breadth, scale and speed not common in the biopharma industry.
Since our founding in 2011, we have built the industry's leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to accelerate drug discovery and speed early development, a rapidly expanding pipeline, and an unparalleled team. Our development pipeline includes development candidates for mRNA-based vaccines and therapies spanning several therapeutic areas, and we have multiple clinical trials already underway with other development candidates progressing toward the clinic. In addition, we have a number of discovery programs that are advancing toward the development stage.
We invite you to explore our site to learn more about our company and how we are advancing the promise of mRNA science to improve health and impact lives around the world.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.