SNSF Ambizione positions in any faculty of EPFL
Ambizione grants are aimed at young researchers who wish to conduct, manage and lead an independent project at a Swiss higher education institution. The funding scheme would like to promote researchers from Switzerland as well from abroad. In addition, researchers working as non-professorial teaching staff at higher education institutions are entitled to apply for project funds under Ambizione.
An Ambizione grant comprises the salary of the grantee and project funds. Whereas, an Ambizione project grant contains only project funds. The grants are awarded for a maximum of four years.
In order to be eligible to apply for a SNSF Ambizione Grant, the SNSF requests:
- Applicants must hold a Doctorate (PhD) or have completed their medical studies (Staatsexamen or equivalent exam).
- Applications may be submitted no later than four years after completing the doctorate (PhD). The date of the examination, respectively the defense of the doctoral thesis is the relevant date.
- Applicants who have completed their medical exam and have done clinical work for at least three years after completing their studies (specialist certification by the FMH is an advantage) may submit an application no later than 9 years after completion of the medical exam.
- Research activities of at least 12 months after the doctorate (PhD), respectively after the medical exam undertaken at an institution different from the one where the doctorate was obtained, respectively the medical degree was received.
As a host institution, EPFL welcomes outstanding candidates who wish to apply to this unique career funding scheme, under the following conditions:
- An EPFL full or associate professor must be ready to host the candidate for the entire duration of the project
- The Director of Institute and the Dean of the school in which the laboratory is integrated must support the candidate
For interested candidates, please start by reading carefully the EPFL Instructions and procedure in detail (available on http://research-office.epfl.ch/fellowship-mobility-funding) and contact as soon as possible a host professor.
EPFL internal deadline for application: October 20, 2017 (17:00 Swiss local time) to obtain the approval of the Institution.
For any questions: please contact the Research Affairs Department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and