Team Leader, Field Service
Job Title: Team Leader, Field Service
Reports To: Sr. Manager, Field Services & Support - LatAm North
Group: GSS - Life Sciences Solutions Group
The Field Service Team Leader coordinates, guides and controls the development of customer support (engineering post-sales) activities - fixing, renovation, installation and revision of machine, equipment, tools, etc, including all associated administration tasks. Leads, by influence, a team of Field Service Engineers (FSE) that works directly with customers. Ensures that team complies with guidelines, policies, programs, objectives, operational plans and procedures applied to the area. Dedicates efforts to ensure that service activities are rationally and efficiently executed within defined stages and pre-defined cost and quality levels. Monitors/ controls developed works, analyzing/ assessing technical reports prepared by the area, correcting deviations. Conducts/develops technical studies directed to enhancing efficiency of customer support processes.
- Coordinate and define the different activities within the team, according to the priorities and competences of each individual.
- Ensure the correct implementation and execution of the existing process and work flows. Identify and cooperate in the elaboration of improvement opportunities of these processes.
- Develop and execute technical training plan to guarantee the expected competence level of team and the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- Be responsible for a good communication flow within and between the different teams. Act as the 1st point of contact for FSE requirements by leading recurrent business review meetings.
- Work to meet business goals such as sales targets set by management specially focused on eventual services that will be billed on a time and material basis.
- Support administrative team coordinating required actions to release necessary technical information for leveraging sales opportunities.
- Supervise activities between internal and external resources and facilitate smooth workflow for service delivery in continuous and effective synergy with Technical Support and Field Application Specialist teams.
- Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results.
- Work closely with sales, concierge and customers to ensure that the correct level of resource and performance is being provided to the instrument installation process.
- Coordinate, guide and control the client relationship and loyalty actions, databases and events related to Customer Allegiance Score (CAS) program.
- Logical planning skills are required and the ability to see the full picture to plan around difficulties.
- Enthusiastic team player able to work in a dynamic work environment with multitasking skills.
- Flexible manner to adopt new challenges and input from peers and colleagues.
- The individual will be expected to demonstrate a high level of autonomy.
- Collaborative and continuous improvement approach to work.
- Must be goal oriented with ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in reporting knowledge and results.
- Value behavior equally to technical excellence.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical, chemical or industrial engineering or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Specialization in Business Administration, Project Management or Operational Excellence strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a related customer facing role at medical devices or life sciences industries.
- Bilingual, with fluency in Spanish (native-speaker) and English (proven oral and written communication skills).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software and excellent knowledge of Excel.