Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Chemistry
Moderna is seeking a Principal Scientist/Associate Director level chemist to join the Delivery Chemistry group. The individual will be responsible for leading the chemistry efforts for the discovery of novel delivery vehicles for multiple delivery programs in a range of therapeutic areas. The person will also be responsible for managing a team of chemists working across multiple programs.
- Lead the design, planning and execution of multi-step organic synthesis of novel components for our lipid nanoparticles to solve delivery challenges for multiple therapy areas.
- Manage a team of associate chemists and ensure timeline adherence and project alignment to meet group and company goals.
- Work within cross-functional teams to evaluate and optimize the efficiency and safety of our delivery technologies for multiple therapy areas.
- Collaborate on the development of novel in vitro assays for the characterization of lipid nanoparticles and their components.
- Design in vitro and in vivo experiments to evaluate novel designs; analyze, collate and communicate data to the team
- Communication of project updates to Moderna senior leaders, external advisors, and industry partners.
- PhD in Chemistry and minimum 5-7 years industry experience in small molecule medicinal chemistry.
- Experience leading and managing chemistry teams in a matrix organization.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
- Proven ability to absorb and analyze multi-factorial data, generate conclusions and design next steps.
- Ability to understand complex biological systems and employ chemistry to generate and test hypotheses.
- Experience working with CROs and vendors.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.