Developer for TANGO project (RE1/RE2)
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Context and Mission
The Workflows and Distributed Computing group at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center aims at carrying out research on programming models for distributed computing. In the framework of the project TANGO (tango-project.eu), the group is working on the integration of the COMPSs programming model to heterogeneous processors (GPUs, FPGAs, ...) through the OmpSs programming model. For this research, the group department is looking for a developer.
- Support to the development of the necessary software to integrate the COMPSs and OmpSs programming models (compss.bsc.es, pm.bsc.es)
- Development of the necessary software to support FPGAs as execution platform for the COMPSs+OmpSs programming model
- Support to the project use cases from industrial partners
- Development of a set of mini-apps on top these programming models
- Test the new features with benchmarks and applications
- Attend project meetings
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and