Senior Manufacturing Engineer
As the world's leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points - technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
Specialty Diagnostics Group:
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) within Thermo Fisher Scientific serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD):
The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) aims to be the leading provider of high value, innovative diagnostics solutions to select IVD market segments and a partner of choice for major OEM customers. More than 1,900 sales professionals represent an extraordinary variety of product lines: Diagnostic Reagents for drug abuse screening, therapeutic and immunosuppressant monitoring, serum toxicology, endocrine, specimen validity testing, and sepsis testing; Clinical chemistry and Molecular controls; Particle Technology; and Corporate Accounts.
Develops biological and chemical product manufacturing processes that support Operations Departments within the niche diagnostics business. Receives no guidance on repetitive tasks. Receives general instructions and periodic guidance regarding required tasks and expected results.
- Conceptualize, Develop, Verify and Validate engineering solutions for automated control systems that supports plant activities including, scrap reduction, customer complaint corrective action, & productivity improvements.
- Responsible for capital project management from justification to the implementation of automated manufacturing systems from bulk formulations to filing and final product packaging. This includes the development equipment specifications & the ability to work with a wide variety of external suppliers to obtain quotations.
- Develop project plans and capital appropriations requests. Prepares project timeline and ensure project is kept within scope, time and cost. Keep internal customers informed of project status.
- Collaborate, and lead as necessary, multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute hands-on directly to the completion of projects. Recommends and participates in functional training to advance technical capabilities of group
- Proactively contributes to advancement of process capability within Thermo Fisher Scientific groups by assisting in efforts to improve processes (PPI).
- Stays current with all applicable QSR and ISO regulatory requirements as well as industry standards.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- B.S. Degree in engineering or related scientific discipline (mechanical, electrical, industrial or design)
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience
- College and/or technical training in the following disciplines is useful: PLC/HMI programming, design software, microbiology, biological science, chemistry, technical writing, machinery, physics and statistics.
- Project management skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Knowledge of microbiology and microbiological testing equipment.
- A strong understanding with mechanical/process drawings and P&ID's.
- Knowledgeable in industrial sterilization SIP and CIP systems.
- GMP and experience working in a regulated industry.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.