Staff Scientist, Biologics Analytical Science
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Staff Scientist, Biologics Analytical Science in our San Diego office.
OBJECTIVES: This position provides scientific and technical support to the Immuno-Biologics group by way of analytical/formulation development activities including the following:
- Method design and development with strong emphasis on mass spec (intact mass, peptide mapping, quantitative assays)
- Appropriate assay selection
- Product stability, product and process characterization, and other analyses
- Method characterization and qualification as required
- Formulation development activities
- Actively drives selection, development and implementation and validation of protein analytical methods, especially in single domain antibody space.
- Develops and performs appropriate analytical methods (e.g. SEC-MALS, IEF, MS, DSC, etc.)
- Designs and conducts experiments, analyzes and interprets data
- Provides creative solutions to analytical and formulation challenges (especially in oral GI-restricted space)
- Utilizes statistical methods to design, assess performance, and characterize analytical methods and formulation development
- Provides guidance and training to other Biologics group members
- Contributes to project teams as a functional expert
- Participates in technology transfer operations to CROs and CMOs, as appropriate
- Develops and contributes to company’s intellectual property domain by ways of patents and/or publications
- Creates reports and presentations to communicate experimental information to supervisor, other department colleagues, or other appropriate interested parties, clearly, frequently, and in a well-thought out manner
- Stays abreast of current relevant scientific and technical literature and industry trends
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ph.D. in life sciences with Post Doc, OR
- MS in life science with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience and distinguished publication record, OR
- BS in life science with minimum 12+ years of relevant experience and distinguished publication record
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with biologics analytical development required
- Experience with multiple biologic modalities is a plus (e.g. single domain antibodies, Fabs, scFvs, peptides)
- Experience developing and performing protein assays (in vitro pharmacological experience is a plus).
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of statistical principles and statistical software in experimental design and data analysis preferred
- Has demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science and technical proficiency
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment; standing, bending, walking, lifting 20 lbs
- Working in cold room (4°C)
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs