The Experimental and Computational Genomics Core Resource (ECGC) at the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, (SKCCC) is a newly created Core that integrates all of the Cancer Genomics services in the SKCCC under one roof. The new, joint structure integrates services previously distributed across several separate resources, recognizing that these activities are highly interdependent and establishing a firm commitment to coordinate laboratory and computing resources, analysis and educational activities for the common good of the SKCCC.
The ECGC is seeking a full time Core Manager. The successful applicant will manage the core on a day to day basis, spearhead the effort to streamline and update laboratory and analytical workflows, including managing relationships and partnerships with outside vendors, and organize educational efforts. The Core Manager will be non-tenure-track faculty in the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at JHU, with opportunity for advancement within that track.
• Daily oversight of business, administrative, scientific and educational activities of the Core
• Establishment of state of the art laboratory and analytic workflows
• Establishing and managing relationships and partnerships with trusted vendors with the goal of providing the most cost-effective and high-quality services to investigators
• Working with Core Directors to focus in-house capabilities around the unique strengths of the SKCCC
• Communicating effectively with the Core Faculty Directors and staff to ensure seamless integration of services
• Providing consultation to investigators interested in working with the Core to aid in experimental design, and to develop and execute a customized experimental and analytical plan for each project
Additionally, there will be opportunities for involvement in the following activities:
• Participation in cutting edge, biomedical research
• Development of novel laboratory and/or analytic methodology
• Training scientists in the selection and use of bioinformatics tools
• MD or PhD degree in an area of life sciences with at least five years of research or core experience in next generation sequencing and microarray technology.
• At least 5 years experience in managing a laboratory with complex experimental and analytical workflows in the life sciences
• Deep familiarity with laboratory methods in microarrays and next generation sequencing, as evidenced by at least two years of hands-on experience.
• Knowledge of next generation sequencing pipelines and experience manipulating, analyzing, and annotating very large biological sequence data sets, both in exploratory and pipelined fashions.
• Established commitment to industry standards of reproducible data analysis.
• Highly capable of being involved collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, including laboratory scientists, bioinformaticians, statisticians, and data analysts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated, be involved independently or in a team environment, and be able to multi-task.
• Experience in the development and/or implementation of novel methods for generation or analysis of high throughput molecular data.
• Experience implementing bioinformatics pipelines in a cloud computing environment.
A complete application should include
• Current CV
• At least three references
• Cover letter
Please send these items to Jeff Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org….
Apply for Core Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly