Computational solution of convection-diffusion problems in mechanics and in automotive applications.
The research deals with:
• the study of global models that are described by a set of convection-diffusion differential equations and representing mechanical systems;
• the analysis and the evaluation of computational methods for convection-diffusion problems;
• the development of scientific software code.
In particular, the computational methods concern with:
• methods for the solution of large-scale nonlinear optimization problems such as those arising in structural topology optimization that determines the optimal distribution of material in a given design domain by minimizing an objective function under certain constraints;
• methods for the solution of nonlinear complementarity problems in elasto-hydrodynamic lubrication;
• integration methods for nonstationary models described by dynamical systems.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and