Work opportunity for students/graduates at FBK!
Ideal candidates for this position are young people with strong computer programming skills and a desire to engage in a path of professional growth in the area of research. We are looking for people willing to work in international teams, attracted by research and innovation, with a spirit of initiative and critical thinking skills.
If you are interested in joining our top class Research Units, check out the details below!
FBK is a private research institution based in Trento (Italy) and operating in different scientific fields and disciplines. As such, it has the role of keeping the Autonomous Province of Trento within the mainstream of international research. FBK is made up of seven research centre, whose activities and production are available at http://www.fbk.eu/research-centers.
The Embedded Systems (ES) Unit of the Information and Communication Technology Center of the Bruno Kessler Foundation, Trento, Italy consists of about 25 persons, including researchers, Postdoc, PhD students, and programmers. The Unit carries out research, tool development and technology transfer in the fields of design and verification of embedded systems.
Current research directions include:
- Formal Verification of complex embedded systems leveraging on model checking techniques;
- Formal Safety Analysis, based on the integration of traditional (e.g. Fault-tree analysis, FMEA) with symbolic verification techniques.
- Contract-based engineering and contract-based formal verification of aerospace systems using model checking techniques;
- Contract-based techniques for fault detection, identification relying on model checking techniques;
- Formal Requirements Analysis based on techniques for temporal logics (consistency checking, vacuity detection, input determinism, cause-effect analysis, realizability and synthesis);
- Model based planning and scheduling for aerospace and robotic (drone) systems, for the management of autonomous vehicles, drones for exploration in critical environment, factory automation, and for process optimizations (with applications in Industry 4.0), leveraging model checking and satisfiability modulo theory techniques;
- Model based on-board autonomy for different vehicles (AUV, ROV) using planning and scheduling techniques;
- Model based recovery relying on planning and scheduling techniques;
- Satisfiability Modulo Theory, and its application to planning and scheduling, verification of hardware, embedded critical software, and hybrid systems (Verilog, SystemC, C/C++, StateFlow/Simulink);
More information about the ES Unit is available at https://es.fbk.eu/
The ES Unit is looking for junior programmers for software development activities related to the different research, technology transfer, and industrial projects in its current portfolio. In particular, the successful candidate will support the ES-Unit's researchers in the design and development of the different applications and tools to develop and deploy at different premises within the several projects. The successful candidates are expected to work in collaboration with other researchers, programmers, and students involved in the different projects.
The ideal candidate should have: ··Knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: C++, C, Python, Java;····L4 CCPL)Working hours: part time (depending on candidate's availability)Start date: January 2018Duration: 1 year (with possibility to extend the contract depending on funding).Workplace: Povo - TrentoBenefits: flexi-time, company subsidized cafeteria or meal vouchers, internal car park, welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc., reductions on bank account opening fees, public transportation, sport, language course fees.
Candidates are required to submit their applications by filling in the online form at https://hr.fbk.eu/en/jobs.
Please make sure that your application includes the following attachments (pdf. format):
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter (explaining your motivation for this specific position)
Application deadline: 23rd of October, 2017
Please read the Guidelines for Selection before completing your application.
For further information or technical issues regarding the application, please contact the Human Resources Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who are successful in the preliminary curricula screening will be contacted shortly afterwards for an interview. Non selected applicants will be notified of their exclusion at the end of the selection process.
Please note that FBK may contact the candidates of the suitability list within a period of 12 months, for the selection processes of similar vacancies.
For reasons of professional transparency, the name of the successful candidate will be published on the FBK website following acceptance of the position.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and