Sales Manager, Diagnostic Instruments
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians' offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
In this role you will be remotely based with in the U.S. with overall responsibility for the direct management of the U.S. Instrument Sales Specialist Team. Work hand in hand with Fisher generalist teams to develop plans, drive accountability and close instruments. Responsible for the execution of the capital sales plan.
- Drive a specialist team to exceed instrument and reagent goals
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a technically focused selling organization. Have the ability to increase performance and manage performance where necessary.
- Demonstrate previous success in managing new Instrument launches.
- Develop and execute on Instrument specific sales and marketing plans.
- Communicate frequently with Traditional Sales team, Marketing, Sourcing and Supplier personnel.
- Develop monthly 30-60-90 funnel activity for all instrument systems. Set expectations with team members to achieve goals.
- Participate with Health Systems team to support key Instrument strategies at the GPO level.
- Drive CRM tool to ensure 100% participation in opportunities and goals.
- 50% plus travel required
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years laboratory industry sales experience with increasing responsibility. 2+ more years in management or sales management.
- Must have excellent leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel to meet performance expectations and fill future leadership roles.
- Must be results oriented and be able to lead the sales team to achieve region sales and profit goals.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will instill confidence in employees, management, supplier partners and customers.
- Must be able to demonstrate 4I values through leadership. Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.