Engineer III, Mechanical
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
• Lead product development processes and other technical team members from concept to production, with a strong emphasis on rapid prototyping during the concept and pre-production phase• Develop product requirements and translate them to system requirements with subsystem and part level design specifications• Design products and components that are easy to use, simple to produce, and practical to maintain• Design fixtures for test and assembly of mechanical and electrical components• Support a sustainable production environment with well thought out designs and rapid response to manufacturing feedback • Rigorously document part designs, assembly processes and theories of operation to support manufacturing and future designs.• Support an integrated engineering community by participating in concept and design reviews both within and outside of your discipline• Apply engineering and tolerance techniques to precision design requirements in the areas such as Optics, Mechanics, and Motion Control.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of engineering work experience
- Experience with leading and driving product development processes
- Experience mentoring and advising other mechanical engineers
- Ability to drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Must be able to effectively communicate design goals and product specification to management and peers
- Strong proficiency with SolidWorks
- Strong general computer literacy
- MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
- Experience working with optical systems and/or opto-mechanical designs
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.