Field Service Engineer
- Ensures customer satisfaction through excellence in repair and support of customer products (ULT Freezers, Cryo Tanks, Controlled Environment units such as incubators and ovens), centrifugation products.
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration for remote monitoring systems.
- Maintains communication with customer to ensure understanding of status, cost, and scheduling of all aspects of the service event.
- Provides rapid, courteous, and knowledgeable response to all customers inquires.
- Schedules and delivers thorough preventative maintenance service to ensure maximum uptime of customer equipment.
- Serves as customer advocate and manages escalation of unresolved customer or technical issues to Management, Service Product Specialists, and Quality.
- Provides customer product operation training and technical support to in-house repair technicians as required.
- Supports distribution channel and PSP/ASP network through training, joint visits, technical and product support as needed.
Support the Quality Management System by:
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP's) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
Policy and Procedure
- Submits accurate and detailed service orders, time sheets, expense reports, quality feedback in a timely manner and maintains records per organizational policy.
- Adheres to all corporate and service division policies regarding safe work practices and service vehicle operation.
- Provide territory cross-coverage and depot repair support as required.
- Assists Accounts Receivable Department in collecting past due invoices.
- Maintains spare parts inventory, tools, manuals and test equipment.
- Attends new product technical and introduction training, advanced and update training, and regional/national service meetings as required.
Services and Product Sales
- Actively promotes and sells installations, extended service contracts, preventative maintenance, time & material service, service parts kits and consumables, service training, validation, and wireless monitoring services.
- Advises customer of new products and upgrades and passes sales opportunities to account representatives.
- Support area trade shows by providing set-up and tear-down support when required.
- Keeps up to date on new product introductions, technologies, market changes, competitors' products and new customer applications
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
Experience and Education
- Ability to operate computers and software (Microsoft Windows, Office (Word , Excel, Outlook), Internet Explorer)
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience.
- Strong electrical and mechanical background.
- Refrigeration Experience required
- EPA certification preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
This position (has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.