The laboratory of Dr. Bedogni in the Department of Dermatology Miller School of Medicine and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, is seeking independent and self-motivated postdoctoral fellows with academic career aspirations to lead cancer research projects related to cancer biology, immunology, and DNA repair. We are interested in understanding mechanisms of cancer development and progression with an emphasis on melanoma and breast cancer. Studies focus on cell signaling, gene regulation, stromal-tumor cell interactions, response to stresses and mechanism-based models to identify new therapeutic targets. We are looking for individuals capable of independent thinking and eager to lead hypothesis driven projects. Requirements:
- PhD in cancer-research applicable field (e.g. molecular biology, pharmacology, genetics)
- successful publication record
- experience with tissue culture and animal models of cancer
- internal drive to reach the next career level with a team member attitude
- written and spoken fluency in English.
Please send application package to Barbara Bedogni, PhD – firstname.lastname@example.org, including a letter describing research accomplishments and career goals; CV; and three references.