Radio Frequency Engineer
Are you an experienced RF professional interested in working for the largest accelerators complex in the world? Would you like to work at the forefront of RF technology, being involved in components development projects, working along with top scientists and engineers? Our Superconducting Radio-Frequency Section is looking for a RF Engineer to help operate the LHC superconducting RF system and to play a key role in improving RF performance of superconducting RF equipment. CERN, take part!
Description: Radio Frequency Engineer in the Beams Department (BE), Radiofrequency group (RF), Superco nducting RF (SRF) section.
You will join:
* The Beams Department (BE), which hosts the Groups responsible for beam generation, acceleration, diagnostics, controls and performance optimisation.
* The Radio-Frequency (RF) Group of the BE department, responsible for the operation of all RF systems to accelerate and control the particle beams in all CERN synchrotrons and linear accelerators, including projects for future accelerators and upgrades to the existing installations.
* The Superconducting RF Section within the RF Group, responsible for the construction, testing and operation of superconducting RF systems, components and related infrastructure.
* Master's degree or PhD, or equivalent relevant experience, in the fields of electrical engineering or physics, or equivalent.
* Experience and competencies
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Design of Superconducting RF.
* Accelerator operation.
* Commissioning and maintenance of electro-mechanical equipment.
* Testing and qualification of RF components.
The language competencies required are:
* Spoken and written English: ability to draw-up technical specifications documentation and/or scientific reports.
* Good knowledge of French or willingness to acquire it rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.10.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
* Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
* Work during nights, Sundays and public holidays.
* Work in radiation areas.
* Interventions in underground installations.
* A valid driving licence.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and