Aftermarket Sales Representative
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Within in our Analytical Instrument Group, division Chemical Analysis Division , Material & Minerals, Product Inspection we are looking for an After Market Sales Representative.
The purpose of our business is to keep consumers safe and to protect our customer's brand. We do this by detecting physical contaminants in food, such as metal, glass, stone, plastic and bone , which is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, especially when the contaminant may be as small as 1 mm in diameter. Our accurate, reliable metal detectors and X-ray detection systems provide the highest sensitivity so our customers can find virtually any metallic or non-metallic substance in their packaged food.
We also manufacture checkweighers, which provide accurate and reliable in-motion weighing, which controls underfill and overfill in the packaged foods.
For more information look at :
This position will be responsible for management of the processes involved in selling, maintaining, negotiating and reporting product service agreements.
- Work closely with other departments to meet goals; sales colleagues to ensure growth of product sales in our core business, financial colleagues to ensure accurate and timely reporting of service financials, operations for product quality, and delivery, etc.
- Some travel required. (Estimated travel 10 - 30 %)
- This role is responsible for the sale or driving of product support agreements across the Product Inspection (PI) product lines globally and could extend to other product lines.
- Provide input into the service strategy for PI Global with the aim of delivering revenue and EBITA growth year on year.
- Develop Product Support Agreement (PSA) packages that deliver value to our customers while maximizing revenue from the contract.
- Prepare and develop quotations for the customer including all appropriate research to ensure we can explain the value of the PSA.
- Present PSA offers to customer (by phone, webinar or in person) with help of the local teams.
- Follow up with local team or customers to ensure the timely placement of contracts and orders.
- Negotiate contracts including Terms and Conditions (T&C's) to ensure that all contracts comply with Thermo Fisher policy.
- Maintain records of all customers, their PSA status and PSA inclusions.
- Ensure all renewal offers go out in advance of renewal date to ensure all contracts are in place by the renewal anniversary.
- Support the sale of large spare parts, recovery and upgrade packages to maximize the global service revenue.
- Drive the sale of spare parts, recovery and upgrade packages to maximize the global service revenue.
- Coordinate and drive spare parts quotes for customers.
- Develop a process with the customer service teams to follow up all quotes to maximize bookings and revenue.
- Develop spare parts pricing agreements with key customers.
- Develop and coordinate annual parts price increases.
- Identify and actively work growth initiatives to drive revenue growth. This may include upgrade strategies, regional growth strategies or parts sales initiatives.
Information & Advice
Monitoring and reporting key business metrics and information for the PSA element of the Aftermarket value stream will be a key requirement of the position and includes;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage complex contracts, including T & C's.
- Proven track record in identifying new business opportunities and growing revenue and profitability within an industrial aftermarket or service business.
- Ability to set and achieve goals, manage time, tasks and risks, meet deadlines and manage heavy workloads.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate across teams and with stakeholders and to establish rapport and credibility at all levels.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an environment of high complexity and change.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- A passion for driving customer allegiance and continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and superior work accuracy.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated sales experience within an industrial, food producing market strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering customer excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating service offerings including T & C's.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management.
- Experience in ISO 9001 Quality Management System principles and application.
- Industry experience in being the recipient of after-market parts and services.
- English and Spanish language skills
- Sound knowledge of industry involving specialized high-value capital equipment and associated after-market services.
- Contract terms and conditions.
- Shipping Incoterms.
- Recent knowledge of the food/pharma industry.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant scientific, engineering or business discipline
- Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.