A Postdoctoral position in RNA biology is available in the Penalva lab (ccri.uthscsa.edu/LPenalva.html) at the Children’s Cancer Research Institute – UTHSCSA, San Antonio, Texas. CCRI provides an outstanding research environment with state of the art facilities and equipment. Our NIH funded projects involve genomic and molecular analyses of splicing and translation in the context of brain tumors and neurogenesis. Successful candidates are expected to have:
- Ph.D in Molecular Biology or related field.
- Strong publication record.
- Interest and expertise in RNA biology including deep sequencing approaches such as Riboseq, CLIP, RIP.
- Basic understanding of bioinformatics and cancer biology
- Motivation, independence and team mentality.
Candidates should provide the following:
• Cover letter with summary of research experience, interests and career goals
• CV with publication list and contact information for at least two references.
Please submit all application materials electronically to:
All Postdoctoral appointments are designated as security sensitive positions. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.