Product Processing Scientist I
Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-Coralville
Category Manufacturing Operations
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 8/10/2017
Shift/Schedule SMThF 10:00A-9:00P (United States of America)
The Product Processing Scientist I processes custom oligonucleotides according to the customer's order. This generally includes cleavage, deprotection, QC sampling and final shipment preparation for the products being made. This position is also responsible for the preparation of long oligonucleotides used as raw materials for synthetic biology products and for downstream formulations and plating activities.
- Cleaves and deprotects oligonucleotides utilizing appropriate methods
- Quantifies and samples oligonucleotides for quality control tests
- Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOPs, contamination controls, and complies with ISO 9001 and 14001 requirements
- Uses automated and manual lab equipment; including limited maintenance and troubleshooting activities
- Uses custom software packages to complete tasks and create final products
- Assesses QC data accurately and makes pass/fail decisions for oligonucleotides
- Maintains accurate and detailed product and instrument records
- Translates order requirements to process and route, or formulate, oligonucleotides to the customer's or downstream user's specifications
- Maintains daily ship deadlines and continues the pipeline for products that require further processing
- Maximizes automation for all processes using disposable tip liquid handlers
- Complies with ISO 13485 handling requirements and follows documented custom instructions when applicable
- Maintains flow of product from production to final product formulation
- Uses aids and SOPs to make decisions about the proper production path per product
- Communicates openly and effectively to ensure detailed information transfers within the group and across shifts
- Organizes and appropriately prioritizes workload by assessing upstream and downstream activity to maintain an efficient flow.
- Executes multiple processes simultaneously (multi-tasks) to ensure efficiency in product handling
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in science related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree in science related field preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to manage time well and work independently or in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to efficiently accomplish departmental goals
- Ability to receive feedback and coaching from others
- Flexibility, able to adapt well to changes in process and/or procedure
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, communication styles, and leadership styles
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
- Responsible and committed to a customer service mentality to ensure high quality products are provided to internal and external customers
- Ability to adapt to incorporation of new products and processes continuously required
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Ability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7m4nxjpvd9bmfs4x