Executive and Research Assistant (m/f)
In full- or part-time for a period of 24 months, based in Berlin.
The Executive and Research Assistant provides effective support in a one-on-one working relationship and serves as the primary point of contact for external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the responsibility of the Executive Director. S/he must be creative and enjoy working within a team that is mission-driven, outcome-oriented and community-focused. Ideally, candidates will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Provide research assistance, including bibliographic researches, mappings, discussion of drafts, etc.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive nature; determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Liaises responsibly with national and international partners, organisations and donors
- Successful completion of critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including language-editing and preparation of papers, presentations and publications
- Master´s Degree or PhD relevant to conflict transformation, peace building or security
- Proven research and practical skills related to the field of conflict transformation, preferably including experience in working for/within non-profit organisations
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written, and advanced editing and proof-reading skills; advanced German skills; additional language skills are an asset
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- The ability to deal diplomatically with a wide range of situations
Please submit an updated curriculum vitae and a detailed statement about your skills and interests as well as diplomas, certificates and references (letters or contact information) until 15 October 2017 through our online application system:
We look forward to receiving your application!
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and