Dept. Number/Name: 0-6144-000 / Molecular Medicine
College/Division: USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Molecular Medicine
Salary Plan: Temporary
Job Title: Postdoctoral Associate
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $47,659 - $50,000
A NIH-funded postdoctoral position is available immediately for a highly motivated candidate to study the pathogenesis and host-pathogen interactions in Borrelia burgdorferi, the Lyme disease spirochete (PNAS 106: 3449, 2009; PLoS Pathogens 7: e1001272, 2011; Mol Microbiol 103: 86, 2017; Mol Microbiol 98: 1147, 2015). The position offers an excellent training opportunity to conduct research in an attractive, dynamic research environment with outstanding resources. USF ranks 45th in total research expenditures among all U.S. public or private universities, and 28th in federal research expenditures for public universities by the National Science Foundation (FY2015).
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project.
- Plans experimental protocols. Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes resulting research data. Compiles, writes, and submits research results to supervisor. Prepares or assists in preparation of research papers, reports, and abstracts for publication as one of co-authors. Present and update research progress and results regularly in lab meetings.
- May supervise group of Research Technicians and/or Research Assistants of lower grade, making work assignments, advising on work procedures and reviewing work in process and upon completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
Ph.D. degree from an accredited institution and appropriate experience and training in Microbiology, Molecular biology, or a related field. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills. Must meet university criteria for appointment to the rank of Postdoctoral Fellow.
Applicants should have a strong background in molecular cloning, gene expression, RNA and protein analyses. Experience in spirochetology, animal (mouse, rat) models, and/or tick biology is a plus.
Please send a C.V. to Dr. Zhiming Ouyang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 07, Tampa, FL 33612
Contact Us: email@example.com
Apply for Postdoctoral Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly