Director of Cryo - EM
Director of Cryo - EM
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is a world-renowned institution with a rich history of clinical and scientific achievements. As a premier center for research and treatment of childhood catastrophic diseases, we employ a diverse team of scientific and healthcare professionals dedicated to the promise of hope. Children from all 50 states and from around the world have come through the doors of St. Jude for treatment, and thousands more have benefited from our research.
St. Jude is currently seeking a Director of Cryo-Electron Microscopy to lead the development of our new Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM) facility. The Cryo-EM center includes guaranteed delivery of TITAN Krios and TALOS Arctica instruments by spring ’18, as well as funding for additional equipment purchase in the near future. This is a unique opportunity to drive the development of Cryo-EM technology while collaborating with other basic science/cell biology researchers across the institution to create a world-class Cryo-EM center.
This position requires proven leadership skills to hire and develop technicians and non-technical personnel, as well as ensuring quality services and operation. Qualified candidates must have demonstrated excellence in the field of Cryo-Electron Microscopy preferably with notable progression of continued education in Cryo-EM technologies and applications.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Direction of the Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM) facility operations and staffing.
- Act as a liaison between multi-disciplinary faculty and technologists and area support staff.
- Recommend equipment modification and evaluate quality and accuracy of Cryo-Electron Microscopes and associated equipment.
- Oversee new testing procedures and protocols while encouraging the introduction of new techniques, equipment and research findings.
- Actively develop new Cryo-EM methodologies for the characterization of proteins and biological molecules.
- PhD degree in an appropriate scientific field required
- Five (5) years of post-degree relevant and productive work experience is required. Demonstrated excellence in the field of Cryo-Electron Microscopy is required. Demonstrated progression in continuing education in Cryo-EM technologies and applications is preferred
Ready to join a team that is always innovating, because we believe anything is possible?
Apply now at: http://bit.ly/2xIGssr
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. St. Jude does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex, genetic information, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, veteran’s status or disabled veteran’s status with respect to employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment. St. Jude engages in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.