Dept. Number/Name: 0-6144-000 / Molecular Medicine
College/Division: USF Health Morsani College of Medicine Molecular Medicine
Salary Plan: Temporary
Job Title: Research Assistant
Hiring Salary/Salary Range: $13.00-$18.00/hourly
A Research Assistant position is available in the Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida. The work requires a background in microbiology and molecular biology, with excellent organization skills and communication skills. Experience with animal models, and/or tick biology is not required by preferred. Applicants will be expected to conduct experiment independently, maintain research records effectively, and report to the Principal Investigator to update research progresses. The position offers an excellent training opportunity to conduct research in an attractive, dynamic research environment with outstanding resources.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and personally participates in assigned scientific or medical research project.
- Plans experimental protocols. Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes research data. Assists in preparation of research material for reports or publication.
- Provide administrative support related to research, order standard supplies for the laboratory, maintenance of lab equipment and laboratory compliance with good lab practices and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education & Experience):
Master's or Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and appropriate experience and training in Microbiology, Molecular biology, or a related field.
Please send a C.V. to Dr. Zhiming Ouyang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 07, Tampa, FL 33612
Apply for Research Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly