Associate Professor in Biology
We offer an Associate Professor position in Biology. The post holder will be expected to assist and teach at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels in areas allocated by the Head of Department and reviewed from time to time by the Head of Department; to supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students; to develop teaching materials, prepare and give examinations and grade examinations or papers, prepare schemes of work and maintain records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
Experience in teaching biology undergraduate and graduate courses. Candidates with research experience in Discrete biology will be preferred.
Applicants must meet the requirements specified by the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia: 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14-Odluka USRH); and by the Decision of the Rectors' Council on the conditions necessary for the evaluation of educational and professional activities in the procedure of appointment of scientific-educational titles (Official Gazette 106/06).
Applicants should enclose the following documents to the application:
- authenticated copies of all relevant diplomas
- copy of either ID or a proof of EU members citizenship
- copy of the decision (verification) of the previous promotion in title, if promoted
- an overview of research, teaching and professional activities, a list and offprints of relevant publications (list of publications, papers and other reports on scientific, teaching and professional work should be attached in paper and in electronic form, on a CD)
- foreign citizens must enclose a certificate of Croatian language proficiency (level C2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
The position is open, under the same conditions, for people of both genders
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and