Assistant Professor in Chemistry
We offer an Assistant Professor position in Chemistry. The post holder will be expected to assist and teach at undergraduate and graduate levels in areas allocated by the Department Head. Job performance will also be periodically evaluated. The job holder will supervise and/or assist with the supervisions of undergraduate and graduate students; prepare and hold the exams, grade exam papers and assays, develop teaching materials and maintain records of student progress, achievements and attendance.
Experience in teaching physical chemistry at undergraduate and graduate university level is highly desired.
Applicants with the research experience in the field of physical chemistry will be preferred.
Applicants must meet the requirements specified by the Act on Scientific Activity and Higher Education (Official Gazette of the Republic of Croatia: 123/03, 198/03, 105/04, 174/04, 46/07, 45/09, 63/11, 94/13, 139/13, 101/14-Odluka USRH); and by the Decision of the Rectors' Council on the conditions necessary for the evaluation of educational and professional activities in the procedure of appointment of scientific-educational titles (Official Gazette 106/06).
Applicants should enclose the following documents to the application:
- authenticated copies of all relevant diplomas
- copy of either ID or a proof of EU members citizenship
- copy of the decision (verification) of the previous promotion in title, if promoted
- an overview of research, teaching and professional activities, a list and offprints of relevant publications (list of publications, papers and other reports on scientific, teaching and professional work should be attached in paper and in electronic form, on a CD)
- foreign citizens must enclose a certificate of Croatian language proficiency (level C2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
The position is open, under the same conditions, for people of both genders
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and