- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions with the assistance of the Site Supervisor/Manager
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Utilizes basic systems as required by job function.
- Accesses & utilizes Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys
- 1-2 years of similar experience is required
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.