Senior Research Associate for Mouse Genome Core
The Children’s Research Institute (CRI) at UT Southwestern has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Associate (SRA) to lead the Mouse Genome Engineering Core. The Core is directed by Dr. Hao Zhu, Investigator and Assistant Professor. We are seeking a highly skilled scientist who has expertise in the creation of transgenic mouse models using traditional and Crispr/Cas9 tools. Microinjection skills are a must. The SRA will be primarily responsible for design, execution, and project management of transgenic mouse creation. Experience, motivation and technical expertise is required. This would be an ideal position for someone with technical and experimental skills who is interested in managing a transgenic mouse core.
- Manage and monitor the core's mouse colony
- Perform microinjection of RNA and DNA into mouse zygotes
- Perform ESC microinjection into murine blastocysts
- Maintain a database of projection information
- Communicate and liaise with clients on individual projects
- Assure effective operation of equipment and availability of required supplies and maintain compliance with all applicable policies and regulations
Bachelor or advanced degree (BS, MS or PhD) with major coursework in the field of assignment or 2+ years in transgenic mouse generation. Evidence of ability to troubleshoot and work independently.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.