The laboratory of Casey Wright at the University of Texas Medical Branch is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral fellows to join a NIEHS-funded project investigating the novel regulation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) by different isoforms of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator (ARNT) in blood cancers and other autoimmune models.
The applicant will have a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree), preferably in the areas of immunological toxicology and/or cancer biology, and have only 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience. Related disciplines will be considered.
$47,484-$50,316 annually, commensurate with experience (based on NIH Postdoctoral stipend scale).
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Defines research problems, objectives, and possible solutions as dictated by the research project
- Establishes procedures and protocols to be applied to projects
- Performs laboratory experiments and molecular biology and immunological laboratory procedures for designated research projects
- Analyzes and interprets data
- Assist principal investigator in writing manuscripts for journal publication and grant preparation
- Reviews scientific literature
- Performs related duties as required
- May feed, care, and prepare laboratory animals for experimentation
- Position must be willing to take weekend/evening call
Strong analytic and strategic skills, including exceptional organizational skills and attention to details. Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-disciplinary team from different scientific backgrounds. Excellent computer and scientific writing skills.
TO APPLY (you must apply at the link below):
Interested candidates that are self-motivated and career-oriented are encouraged to apply at https://www.utmb.edu/careers/career_seekers/ to job opening 55286 or 55287.
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All positions at UTMB Health are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information in a smoke-free and drug-free environment.
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly