Associate professorship in Collective Intelligence and International Business
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Collective Intelligence and International Business at the Department of International Economics and Management.
Core research areas of the Department of International Economics and Management are 1) International Business, 2) Emerging Markets, 3) Asia Studies, and 4) Corporate Governance. It is the ambition of the Department to be in the international frontline in these research areas; to publish our research results in leading international journals; to have an excellent research environment; to seek synergy between research and teaching, and to have a strong partnership with the business community.
The Associate Professorship is a tenured position with research, teaching and dissemination obligations.
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS's academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS's stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department's research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS's international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field's internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in research management, e.g., directorship of a research center or group
- Experience in partnering with business organizations
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Furthermore, in the application letter, we expect the applicant to reflect on the core values of the Department of International Economics and Management, which are:
- We aim at providing value to our stakeholders through conducting rigorous and relevant research and by teaching and disseminating knowledge in the field of international economics and management.
- We strongly believe in academic freedom and methodological diversity. We acknowledge the interdisciplinary nature of the department as a major stimulus to our research.
- We value our multi-cultural work environment. We support an open and collaborative atmosphere that is characterized by trust and mutual respect among colleagues, regardless of position.
- We believe in the value of teaching that inspires our students and that is the result of the close relationship between education, research and scholarship.
- We wish to contribute to society by engaging in the dissemination and application of knowledge within the broader business and public community.
For further information please contact: Head of Department Jens Gammelgaard, tel.: +45 3815 2512, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the department may be found at http://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-inte....
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance's agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field's internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Closing date: 31 October 2017.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and