Researcher Printed Board Assembly
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Researcher Printed Board Assembly.
The IC-link unit of imec supports companies and academia worldwide with electronics design and manufacturing services spanning the complete value chain from IC design and manufacturing to electronic assembly design, manufacturing and system integration. The Electronic Assembly (EA) department of IC-link supports industry and academia with the development of Printed Board Assemblies through its Center of Electronics Design and Manufacturing network and activities (www.cedm.be).
EA also supports imec research in domains like life sciences and healthcare, imagers, smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc., with modeling and reliability R&D, prototyping and industrialization.
Your main activities will be:
- You actively participate in the scientific activities of the funded projects of EA.
- You develop physical (analytical) models of technological, design, manufacturing, reliability, etc. aspects of electronic assemblies.
- Together with the team your models are embedded in Design-for-eXcellence tools and guidelines.
- Together with your colleagues you will provide consultancy and support to our customers.
- You will present the EA and cEDM activities at work meetings, seminars, conferences and in publications.
- You will become task-, workpackage-, project leader of our funded projects based on expertise and competence.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and