Sr. Field Service Engineer
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support, customer relationship management and providing statistical analysis to the customer. The successful candidate will provide complete services on analytical equipment systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. The Service Engineer will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high-customer satisfaction.
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of analytical equipment systems.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer's management software
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and mentors new engineers in accordance with our training policies.
- On occasion assist with team management in times of manager absence or assist in times when manager is unavailable due to high work load periods.
- Be the lead or mentor other engineers during service escalation resolution. Provide details technical summaries of the work being performed to resolve an escalation.
- BS degree in Life Sciences, Electronics or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years Field Service or relevant Industry experience.
- Up to 15% domestic travel
- Ability to work overtime and/or outside regular business hours, and/or on-call work
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move 100+ pounds
- Background in Chemistry or Biochemistry
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have valid driver license
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.