Software Engineer (Industrial Controls)
You've always wanted to be challenged with the exploitation of real time control systems for beam intercepting devices in the CERN accelerators? You want to manage control software projects covering from low level to high level software development? You want to apply your computer engineering knowledge to solve real industrial controls problems? If you relish a challenge, join CERN and discover a whole new world of controls solutions. CERN, take part!
Description: Software engineer within the Engineering Department (EN), Sources, Targets & Interations Gr oup (STI), Equipment Controls and Electronics Section (ECE).
Master's degree or PhD, or equivalent relevant experience in the field of software engineering with specialization in industrial automation, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The technical competencies required for this post are:
* Overall architectural design of large control systems / design of control systems.
* Development and configuration of online software for data acquisition.
* Design of real time control system: in C++ under Linux.
* Programming/Software development: in Java and JavaFX.
* Database/repository design: database design, use and maintenance (Oracle).
* Network control and operation: knowledge of network and field communication protocols.
The language competencies required are:
* Spoken and written English or French; ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts.
* Ability to draw-up technical specifications and scientific reports and to make oral presentations in one of the two languages.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 12.10.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
* Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
* Work during nights, Sundays and public holidays.
* Work in radiation areas.
* Interventions in underground installations.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and