Senior Business Development Manager
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
IMEC's business is increasingly building on strategic collaborations with world leading semiconductor equipment and material suppliers. We work on joint roadmaps, joint solution development for future process steps , as such a key enabling role for our programs.
For the Business segment of the Equipment and Material suppliers, Imec is looking for a Business Development Director overlooking the segment. You will report directly to the VP Business Development.
As Senior Business Development Manager, you have ownership of the supplier segment business in imec, and you interact closely with the top management of imec and the semiconductor Equipment & Material Industry, on the strategic approaches for key accounts, equipment and material roadmaps and the implementation thereof in business agreements.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Business development of Technology Programs through collaborations with equipment and material suppliers worldwide , based on full insight in the technological- and application capabilities of the assigned program(s), technology or customer/market segment, and to translate this into an offering that meets the needs and requirements of a specific customer or accounts segment;
- Give guidance for and discuss the product roadmaps to and with the responsible Program owners and executive management from business strategy perspective for the assigned segment. Definition of addressable markets with identification of key targets / competitors;
- Own the business offering, IP models and pricing strategy for the assigned program or activity segment;
- Be the corporate business contact for an assigned account segment in the CMOS program: own the discussions with both existing and target accounts in order to maintaining the value offering, participating in on-site and customer field visits, owning meeting agendas and representing the business offering, in coordination with regional field account management, and the R&D units;
- Drive the business process to closure with hands-on mentality, in alignment with corporate functions on business operations, IP & Legal.
- Develop the relevant Going-to-Market plan and seek buy-in of, and drive execution together with other stakeholders.
- Take all actions required to maintain the strategic overview for the supplier segment, including the financial overviews, have ownership of a number of accounts, and manage the team of business Development managers to offer an overall aligned business approach to internal and external stakeholders.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and