Sales Representative II
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research and safety products and services serving the scientific community within a defined territory. The Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Achieve annual sales target by selling products to assigned customers within territory.
- Develop and maintain positive Account and dealer relationships.
- Utilize technical expertise on products and offerings to effectively sell into scientific space.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers.
- Prepares expense reports, call reports, monthly reports and forecasts as requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Identify and qualify opportunities for assigned territory to build solid pipeline
- Utilize general economics of territory and customers, and relevant competitive information to make sound business decisions.
- Monitor and analyze sales data to improve sales efficiency.
- Provide competitive information to assist in the bid process and pricing.
- Attends tradeshows and represents company at supplier and customer events.
- Bachelor Degree with emphasis in the sciences and 2+ years experience (or equivalent combination)
- Willingness to travel to meet assigned goals
- Understanding of industry sector and sales environment.
- Knowledgeable in diverse laboratory workflow applications
- Proficiency in PC software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and i-Pad
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.