full-time project employee at the Chair of Functional Materials and Materials Systems - RefID 170...
One vacant position for a full-time project employee at the Chair of Functional Materials and Materials Systems within the Department of Physical Metallurgy and Materials Testing, preferably from November 1st, 2017 within a contract limited to 3 years (Salary Group B1 of the Austrian labor agreement, monthly minimum excl. SZ € 3.626,60 for 40 hours per week (14 per year)).
· Master degree, preferably in materials science, physics or chemistry
· Experience in the field of the synthesis and characterization of functional films
· Excellent German and English language in word and writing
Desirable additional qualifications
· Knowledge in the field of synthesis of thin films by physical vapor deposition methods
· Experience with modern characterization methods for functional materials (e.g. scanning- and transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, atom probe tomography, focused ion beam, nanoindentation)
· Willingness to prepare a PhD thesis and publications
· Willingness to support in teaching
The position is integrated within the Christian Doppler Laboratory for Advanced Coated Cutting Tools in the work group multifunctional thin films.
· Working on a project for development of wear resistant hard coatings for cutting applications
· Establishment of scientific correlations between deposition parameters, coating architecture and microstructure, the coating properties and their application behavior
· Evaluation and documentation of the gained results, preparation of publications
· Preparation of a PhD thesis
· Support in teaching and administration
Reference ID: 1709WPC
End of Application: 2017-10-11
The Montanuniversitaet Leoben intends to increase the number of women on its faculty and therefore specifically invites applications by women. Among equally qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration.
For the application please use the online form on the homepage: http://www.unileoben.ac.at/index.php?id=2780
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and