When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Develop, design, & test simple-to-complex electrical components, circuits, and systems for instrumentation systems used in the radiation measurement product line.
- Work with Mechanical Designers as needed for mechanical integration of electronic assemblies (e.g., cabinetry, instrumentation, enclosure design, etc.) to complete projects and tasks.
- Manage qualification type testing including: plan/procedure writing, test supervision, vendor interface, and report writing.
- Be accountable for assigned project deliverables, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Oversee review of product design engineering for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Work collaboratively with Operations to ensure seamless and successful transition of engineering projects into production.
- Provide support to the Commercial team in evaluating and quoting customer projects.
- Establish an environment where continuous improvement is fundamental to the culture.
- Able to travel as needed to other RM&SI R&D sites, customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
- 5+ years of engineering design experience as an electrical engineer.
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, analog electronics, etc.), including:
- Analog electronics analysis and design
- Systems analysis and design
- Circuit design and printed circuit board design
- Electronics modeling and assembly
- Design review and documentation process
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics (especially analog electronics)
- Experience with qualification and/or type testing
- Technical degree (B.S.E.E. or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills. Fluent in English language.
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
• PE Certification
• Advanced or additional degree in a related discipline
• Knowledge of IEEE nuclear standards or military testing standards
• Electronics CAD proficiency
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.