Fixed-term contract (15 months), full-time, maternity leave replacement
The Laboratory Technician will :
- Carry out broader laboratory maintenance tasks.
- Perform experiments as a technician on a specific project.
- Suggest initiatives to resolve or prevent technical problems in consultation with the project leader and enhance team work.
- Carry out experiments in the research unit.
- Analyze and notify results to the project leader and suggest new ideas where necessary.
- Establish new protocols and generate validated SOPs.
- Transfer technical knowledge to researchers, students and the staff of the research unit to perform experiments with validated SOPs.
- Draft and update the register of technical protocols and databases of the research unit.
- Participate in the animal care and animal biology experiments.
- Monitor the equipment, notify potential technical defaults to the Head of Unit or to project leaders.
- Monitor stocks of consumable materials (reception and storage of deliveries, drafting of purchase orders to be signed by the designated persons, research of information on the products to be ordered, etc.).
- Where necessary, suggest areas for improvement for the protocols to be followed, and evaluate new technologies.
- Be able to learn new laboratory techniques required for a project.
- Keep current databases updated and find solutions to manage information efficiently if needed.
- Participate in development of new methodolo-gies.
- Suggest initiatives to resolve or prevent technical problems in consultation with the project leader.
- Share best practices within the research unit, but also with other research units of the Luxembourg Institute of Health.
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and