Assistant / Associate Professor in Circular economy in water treatment (tenure track)
Lappeenranta University of Technology, LUT. LUT's Trailblazer strategy is searching for answers to four key questions: Are we going to burn up everything? Is humanity condemned to suffer from the water it has polluted? Will waste be the grave of our future? Will we let Europe degenerate to the world's back yard? No. We will lead the way with a trailblazer spirit. We have been ranked among the world's top universities (Times Higher Education and QS rankings). We are compact by size, with intensely focused operations. Combining technology and business, we have served as an academic forerunner since 1969. Our international science community encompasses 6,500 students and experts.
The Laboratory of Green Chemistry at the School of Engineering Science (LENS) is looking for applications for a tenure track position of
Assistant / Associate Professor in Circular economy in water treatment
The position is situated at the assistant / associate professor level of the tenure track system and it is filled for a fixed term of four years.
The appointment process description explains the qualification requirements, application instructions, and tenure track appointment criteria.
The application and its appendices must be in English. The application must include:
1. A curriculum vitae
2. A copy of the applicant's doctoral diploma
3. A full list of publications, including the total number of publications in the Scopus database, the total number of citations, the h-index and Scopus ID. In addition, equivalent information from the applicant's Google Scholar profile is required.
4. Publications for evaluation by experts (max. 10)
5. A separate list of the publications submitted for expert evaluation
6. A teaching portfolio or an equivalent account of the applicant's teaching qualifications
7. An account of the applicant's merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 3 pages)
8. An account in English of the applicant's vision on the development of education, research and projects in the field of the professorship at Lappeenranta University of Technology (max. 3 pages).
The applicant must mention the tenure track level of the position applied for.
The pay is determined according to the pay system for university teaching and research personnel. Assistant professors are situated at levels 5 - 6 (EUR 2865.30 - 3340.77) and associate professors at the levels 6 - 7 (EUR 3340.77 - 3851.33/month). In addition, the pay will include an individual pay component based on performance and competence, amounting to a maximum of 46.3% of the job-specific pay component.
Additional information: Professor Mika Sillanpää, tel. +358 400 205 215, email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 22 October 2017 (at midnight, Finnish local time, UTC +3 h). Please submit your application by filling out the online form (link below).
This job comes from a partnership with Science Magazine and