Associate Sales Representative - Bioscience - Nashville
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Associate Biosciences Account Manager will represent the Life Sciences Solutions portfolio to drive revenue growth and achieve sales quota targets in the Vanderbilt University account. This field sales-based position requires an advanced level of technical aptitude covering a portfolio of products in the cell biology, molecular biology, protein (detection, isolation, purification) and imaging areas.
- Manage the sales processes at assigned account in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans Demonstrate product features, benefits, and applications along with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote and consummate the sale of products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales planServe as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using Strategic Selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions. Assist in writing and executing a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly. Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from Biosciences Account Manager, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist Host and assist product shows either at assigned accounts or locally on a routine basisConsistently exhibit excellent oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region, and sales organizationSet up and coordinate technical seminars by internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist either on customers site or locally on a consistent basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related field; or the equivalent combination of knowledge and experience1 year of related sales experience2 years of related laboratory work experience beyond degreeStrong organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint In-depth knowledge of Cell Culture and Molecular Biology
- 2+ years of previous sales experience with track record of success
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.