Sr./Principal Research Associate, Bioinformatics
Moderna is seeking a talented and motivated bioinformatician/computational biologist to work as part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team. The primary focus for this position will be the analysis, visualization, and interpretation of complex datasets, primarily NGS. The successful applicant will collaborate with individuals and groups across Research and the therapeutic areas to support the advancement of Moderna's mRNA technology platform and pipeline.
- Analyze high throughput datasets, primarily Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Apply biological and statistical knowledge to draw rigorous, actionable conclusions form complex data sets
- Leverage relevant public data resources to enable and enhance data analysis
- Develop and apply bioinformatics tools to process, analyze, and interpret data relevant to developing mRNA therapeutics
- Communicate findings internally and externally
- Collaborate with groups across the company to support research projects
- B.S. with 6+ years of experience or M.S. with 1+ years of experience in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related field
- Experience with analysis of next generation sequencing (NGS) data using state of the art bioinformatics tools
- Experience using publically-available biological databases of sequences and functional data, such as EMBL, GenBank, Entrez, UniProt, RefSeq, miRBase, ENCODE, TCCA, or Roadmap
- Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language, such as Python, Perl, and/or R
- Comfort working in a Linux-based High Performance Computing environment
- Creative problem solver able to draw conclusions from complex datasets, and present them in a clear and understandable way
- Strong written and oral communication skill
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.